Stolen phone and Ferry to Salamina Island!

Last night, Carolyn’s phone was stolen! She was walking to pick me up at Daniel’s apartment and was looking on her phone to see where to go. A man whizzed by on his bicycle and swiped her phone. She pleaded after him to please give her phone back. He did not comply.


She waited to tell Dad and Mom this story until this morning then wrote this to the family: “Quite an incredible feeling. I knew I was a bit more vulnerable since I had missed a turn and was retracing my steps. And it was 10 pm. But for a person to reach suddenly into my personal space and grab my phone forcefully out of my hand...it's never fun to be robbed but this felt more intrusive. I was not hurt at all and I'm fine. Slept well last night despite it.”


In the morning, Dad and Carolyn went to the Market with Daniel and bought veggies and kabobs.








Left for the trip with Daniel and Amber and Lucas to the Greek Island Salamina. There was a ten minute Ferry across the Aegean Sea.



We toured ruins and had a picnic by the water of the Aegean Sea.


Visited a Monastery. 


Saw a poet’s home by the sea. 


At Sunset had a seafood meal at a restaurant on the coast eating squid and anchovies and fish roe salad. Also a big salad with cucumbers, onions, tomatoes with a BIG block of Feta cheese on top! It was delicious.


Enjoyed driving around the island, seeing the quaint villages, passing herds of sheep with their shepherds.


Crossing back over on the Ferry to Athens in the dark, the fog horns were blowing and the lights were shining across the water.


It was a good day.






















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big First Day in Greece!